Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mr Moon's GF, version 2 - Preliminary study

*** UPDATE - final version is posted here ***

Preliminary study for Mr Moon's Girl Friend, Version 2

(Version 1 has been posted below)

50 x 35 cm, acrylic on canvas paper. I made this rough-ish, preliminary study so as to off-load the image from my mind, and give it a physical form - which I can refer to while painting a larger, final version (when/if I paint it). Its important to have this reference in hand, because of the myriad transparent/translucent effects on this ice or glass like figure, which will have to worked out in detail in the final version.



Here is version 1...  approx A3 in size, painted with water-soluble crayons and pencils. Partial reference for this was provided by a dear friend.


2 comments:

  1. Great vivid colors used here ! And lots of thinking from the inner mind

    Wish I could do that ....sh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! I'm sure you CAN do that, @ visually expressing the inner mind. You have the skills :)

      Delete

Thank you for your thoughtful opinion :)